First of all, there was Thanksgiving weekend. A time where my family comes from all corners of the world to gorge on turkey, fish, and other meals that you cannot get at University... or at least cannot be prepared to your liking at University. Although my family was missing one member this year, a silly sister who decided to remain at her University rather than going home, we still had fun. Most importantly, I got to see my sister who lives over in the Middle East and went hiking with her in hopes of working off the potential Thanksgiving tummy. I think we were successful.
Secondly, Midterms started up the week following Thanksgiving, meaning that I spent majority of my life either in the classroom or reading chapter upon chapter about the Celts, studying Gaelic terms, and reading Greek Tragedies -like most University students. On top of that I was also making my Halloween costume, which had to be done by this past weekend. I was successful in that department and have discovered a great hatred for drawing teddy bears and colouring with crayons.
And lastly, this past weekend was my second horse show as an English Rider. It was much more successful than my first. My horse, who is not really my horse but I'm the only one who rides her every week so she might as well be, won her first 3rd and 2nd place ribbons -note, this is also only her second show- and she and my friends baby -a 4 year old Thoroughbred/something cross... also not really belonging to her but once again she is the only one who rides him- got first place in the costumer pairs division.
If anyone wants to know, we were Peanut Butter and Jelly.
Anyway, back to the most important part of this blog -and the whole purpose of its creation- updates of Hunter. Truthfully, I haven't really worked much on it and I don't think I will be seeing as I got a job recently and I have about 100 million papers due in the next month... but not really. I've got 3 papers and 1 project... but it feels like 100 million... I'm sure every University student out there will agree with me on that statement.
I am trying to write quite a bit right now to make up for the lacking of writing, but seeing as it is dinner time, and I am currently writing this post I am sure all of you can imagine how well that is going. I think I shall have to leaf through my Now Write! book in hopes that it will save me from my writer's block.
Now... book recommendations... (ahem) for all of you nonfiction/history lovers, The Fall of Empires is a great book to read. It touches on everything from the fall of the Pharaonic Egypt to the Mayans. Any teachers -or students- involved in Ancient Civilizations might want to take a look at this book for project information or essay ideas.
Well that's all for today!
Happy reading!
K. A. Becks
No comments:
Post a Comment