I decided, while working on a map for Celtic Civ, to watch Dracula last night -a movie that stars Winona Ryder, Anthony Hopkins, Keanu Reeves, and the guy who plays Wesley in The Princess Bride. I don't remember who actually played Dracula, but I can assure you that it was none of the above actors. Anthony Hopkins was very good in the movie, Keanu Reeves -surprise surprise- was not. The movie kept true to the book through most of it, though there was one point where I could not tell if I was actually watching Dracule or The Wolf-Man... so I double checked the DVD case and discovered that I was, in fact, watching Dracula. Could have fooled me.
One thing I really liked about the movie was that, at the beginning, they had a whole scene of the real Dracula, Vlad "Tepes" Dracula and his fight against the Turks. I was only slightly disappointed about the death of one of his wives, the one who through herself out a window and into the river because in the movie they say it was because she got word of Vlad's death -even though he wasn't dead- when really, she was just crazy.
On the topic of halloween-ish movies, I watched GhostBusters a couple of nights ago and discovered that, no matter how hard you resist, the end of the movie leaves you desperately wanted melted marshmellows. What a great movie :D.
I claim that the reason I have not updated recently was due to my neglecting the blog, but that is not 100% true, I also have been dealing with presidential issues... or vice-presidential issues. I am the vice president of X Against Horse Slaughter Society at my University, which basically means I have to make slideshows, send e-mails and manage everything while the President oversees and books things when necessary. Our society is in place to let the public know that horse slaughter does happen -over 100,000 horses last year in Canada alone- and that we are trying to stop it. Our goal is to raise as much money for Horse Rescue Centers as possible.
You may ask, why is this going in a blog about the supernatural? Well, I feel that the more people who know the more of a chance we have to, hopefully, stopping the mistreatment and the slaughter of horses.
Anyway, I think I have taken up enough of your time with my blabbering. Today I shall recommend two old classics to read; Dracula and Frankenstein. Both are well worth the time, especially to those who are interested in the Supernatural and/or monsters.
Happy reading!
Kim A. Becker
P.S. I have recently discovered that my library has online articles dedicated to werewolves, vampires, ghosts and witches, my love for my University increases.
No comments:
Post a Comment