Monday, August 17, 2009

As predicted, I did not get much writing done yesterday and, for some unexplainable reason, today. Yesterday I wrote less than half a page and am currently working on finishing that page. However, as long as I keep writing at least every night, no matter how small the amount I write may be, I feel I will complete my goal. 

Things are going well with the story, I have various ideas of what is to take place, it's just the matter of getting to those points that the problems arrive. I'm glad I started this blog, it is certainly giving me the drive I need -even if no one is reading my posts. The fact that someone could be reading what I post and potentially rooting for me to complete my goal seems to be enough to force myself to open up Word and type away at my story. 

So far, I've gotten out of the prologue and am working on the first chapter. I only have one of the main characters introduced at the moment, but a couple of secondary characters will momentarily making their appearances. I feel that the story will pick up a bit more once the second main character shows their face -which I am hoping will be soon. I seem to have no control over when my characters come and when things happen in this novel, it is almost as if my story has a mind of its own and I am just answering its call by typing away. 

Apparently, for the past few days, my story has been lazy. 

Well, my dad has just come with an offering of Saltwater Taffy so for now I say Slan leat (which means goodbye (plural) in Irish Gaelic). 

Happy reading!

K. A. Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment