*Ahem* perhaps I should explain that sentence. Tomorrow my wisdom teeth -all four of them- are being extracted... meaning I will be feeling the effects of laughing gas and numbing for at least a couple hours after the extraction as well as I will be taking lots of Tylenol 3. Yippee... (note the sarcasm).
On a much happier note I am now sporting a lovely, and very short, haircut. Something I haven't done since grade 6 or 7. And by that I mean, I haven't gone this short since then... I have gotten haircuts regularly. And on saturday I will be showing off my lovely haircut to the world through Fan eXpo.
Any who do not know what Fan eXpo is, allow me to explain. It is one of Canada's largest conventions geared towards Horror, Comics, Anime, and Science Fiction -meaning there is something for everyone! It's a lot of fun and can be creepy at times. My first time attending Fan eXpo I was asked to join a Satanic group -I'm not sure if that is actually what they are called, but they are a religion that worships Satan- and was handed a pamphlet discussing the group.
If you haven't guessed, that was in the Horror section of the Con. To put you all at ease, I did not join the Satanic group. I may be a horrible Catholic but I'm not THAT horrible. I just make fun of people who claim that the earth is 6000 years old and insist that the planet was broken up by the 'Great Flood' on Easter Sunday... and by which I make fun of the person on Easter Sunday, not that the person is claiming the flood happened on Easter Sunday. Though, then again if you think about it, it could very well HAVE happened on Easter Sunday... just it wasn't called Easter Sunday at that time... it was just Sunday.
And I'm rambling about religious crap that no one cares about. The point of that was, the bible is a hypocrite. I do not feel the need to explain that sentence, but it's true.
On another note, I have finished Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel. I claimed the last time that I mentioned it that it was a new book... that was a lie. This was, in fact, my second or third... possibly my fourth time reading it. However, I have started another new book -that is actually a new book. It is called Blood Promise and is the fourth book in the Vampire Academy series -a series that kicks Twilights ass. The writing style is better, the storyline is better; everything about it is so much better.
So, for all you Twilight haters out there who want a good -if not decent- vampire story, I suggest picking up Vampire Academy... it is strangely addicting, but in a good way.
And on that note, I shall leave you as I always do.
Happy reading!
K. A. Becks
No comments:
Post a Comment