Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Good Start

It is officially day two -though maybe not by the blog clock- and I am pleased to state that I have written 3 pages. If I keep up this pace I may be able to beat my deadline. I highly doubt, since I have to work today, that I will manage to write 3 pages tonight but I will at least try to get page 4 done. So far, no success. My house seems to be purposely trying to distract me. 

And on top of it all, today looks gorgeous -making me wish that I didn't have to work today all the more. It would be nice to just be able to lounge in the sun today, typing away on my trusty Macbook. Well, one can dream. 

I'm beginning to wonder if I have bitten off more than I can chew, especially with second year university creeping ever closer. As excited as I am to go back, I'm starting to miss the carefree days of high school, where my current goal would not make me feel quite as swamped as I imagine this upcoming year will. 

I should be going back to my writing, I have an introduction to finish and I would like to, also, have time to start a new book. It is called Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke, if any have not read it, I suggest doing so. It is 1006 pages of literary mastery. I shall leave you on that note.

Cheers!

K. A. Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment